2013 - What it means to be a tourist in the 21st century
Welcome to students from the Universities of Lincoln and Wolverhampton! We look forward to some days of stimulating debate in our 2013 Virtual Conference. We will cover a wide range of topics, with questions such as:
- Can tourists help to create world peace and promote development?
- Who determines what an authentic experience is?
- Can access to tourism be made fairer?
- How do tourists cope with the prospect of extreme weather generated by climate change?
- Can mega-events really change peoples lives for the better?
- How can we trust social media to give us good travel advice?
- Can we tell the difference between fact and fantasy in holiday settings and does it matter?