2014 - Tourism for leisure, tourism for work: themes in 21st century tourism
Welcome to the Tourism Students' Virtual Conference 2014! Among this year's key questions are:
- How does an uncertain security environment and its attendant risks affect tourist behaviour?
- Who determines what an authentic experience is?
- How do factors such as our gender, ethnic identity and social status social affect our access to tourism?
- Can we tell the difference between fact and fantasy in holiday settings - and does it matter?
- Who participates in the extraordinary variety of niche forms of tourism?
- What are the key issues facing those working in the tourism sector?