2016: Society, access to tourism and tourism employment
We are seeking to explore the social, cultural and political dimensions of tourism in the early 21st century by examining the current critical issues in tourism. The key questions are:
- Is access to tourism equal to all?
- What are the social factors affecting access to tourism?
- How do factors such as our gender, age, disability, ethnic identity and social status affect our access to tourism?
- How can tourism help empower women?
- Who are those working in tourism and what key challenges are they facing in tourism employment?