2017 - Towards equal tourism participation and inclusive working environments: access, security and wellbeing
We are seeking to explore the social, cultural and political dimensions of tourism in the early 21st century and explore the current critical issues in tourism. Key questions include:
- What are the critical issues and challenges the tourism industry faces in the contemporary world?
- Is access to tourism equal to all?
- What are the social factors affecting access to tourism?
- How do factors such as our gender, age, disability, ethnic identity and social status affect our access to tourism?
- How can tourism help empower women?
- Who are those working in tourism and what key challenges are they facing in tourism employment?
- What can be done to make tourism workplaces more inclusive and ethical?